Re: To be a Theosophist

Nov 03, 1995 05:06 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Liesel:<I'd like to say for emphasis that I think the flexibility in training
people spiritually which Jerry S. speaks about should be so flexible
as to include people's individual differences. I meditate lying down
& it works fine.>

I am glad you said this Liesel. A long time ago I started
working under a Teacher of sorts who told me that I must always
meditate upright. Now it just so happens that I do my very best
meditational work in bed right before falling asleep and thus I am
prone rather than upright. I have discovered that if I meditate at
a certain time each day I also have a lot of trouble. I just can't do it.
So I am rather a free spirit I guess. I meditate whenever and
wherever it suits me to do so and this works well for me. I
think that this is one area that James Long had in mind when
he told me that the Western constitution wasn't suitable to Eastern
practices. We have to find ways to adopt/change them around
so that they are suitable.

Jerry S.