Re The Nature of Space (Science & Theosophy)

Oct 16, 1995 11:56 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Patrick, thanks for the posting on Space. I enjoyed reading it, and only
have one minor problem. The original S of Dyzan verse says:

 "Alone the one form of existence stretched boundless, infinite, causeless,
in dreamless sleep; and life pulsated unconscious in universal space,..."
And then the commentary says:
" II. ... the one Life, manifesting through matter, produces a third factor
which is consciousness."

Because of the wording in the S of Dyzan (suggesting that life is
unconscious during praylaya) and my own understanding of Space
and Motion between manvantaras, I would prefer to write this as:
" II. ... the one Consciousness, manifesting through matter, produces a third
factor which is life."

This is a small point, but I see life as an expression of consciousness
rather than the other way around. Thanks again,

Jerry S.