RE: One Of Jrc's Comment

Oct 03, 1995 10:57 PM
by Porreco, Nick - CPMQ

These rules are more in line with what I have instinctively felt we should
strive for. Thank you James for your posting.

Nick Porreco

The following may be of interest:

1. Groundless condemnation on Hearsay of others, theosophists or
 not, but be refrained from, and charity to each other's faults
 widelsy practiced within, as well as without, the theosophical
 area.

2. Repetition of statements or gossip derogatory of others must
 be AVOIDED. But the condemnation of crime, of social evils,
 and systems of every description, in the abstract is the duty
 of every member. Above all, the duty of every member is to
 fight against cant, hypocrisy, and injustice in every shape.

3. A DEROGATORY OR SLANDEROUS STATEMENT MADE AGAINST A FELLOW
 THEOSOPHIST IN THE PRESENCE OF A MEMBER, SHALL NOT BE PERMITTED
 BY HIM TO PASS WITHOUT PROTEST, UNLESS HE KNOWS IT TO BE TRUE,
 IN WHICH CASE HE SHOULD REMAIN SILENT.

The above is from H.P.B. in 1888, to the then to be formed esoteric
section. If this is the way old HPB wanted her society to be,
perhaps we should set the example on theos-L ???? Does anyone
feel we should adopt these 'Rules' for Theos-L posts?

 james