The Work

Sep 20, 1995 12:11 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

"THE WORK FIRST AND LAST"

"We have to stand alone, seemingly; it is in order that we may
be utterly devoted to the Work first and foremost, and not to
our Personalities however great. Our highest aspect, the Atmic,
expresses itself as work. If karma leaves us lonely and
isolated, it is in order that we may discover, through steady
plodding on at a work, the Atmic aspect in ourselves. No one
who goes on working steady and faithfully is alone, really; the
Masters are one with him in his most spiritual aspect, though
barriers may exist between Them and him on lower planes."

 C. JINARAJADASA
Adyar, 1926.

"I am only one Theosophist sailing out in a tiny boat into a
vast sea. All the same I think that my sail is set right and
that Ihave a rectified compass. But my theories and solutions
are not binding on any other Theosophist, and are in no way the
declared doctrine of the world-wide Theosophical Society. Yet
since all Theosophists are pledged to make Universal Brotherhood
a realitym and since there can be no Brotherhood without a just
economical order, everyone must come forward with his solution,
even if of it on;y ten per cent (perhaps even less!) is found to
be true in the end."

 C.J.
December 9, 1944.

The above quotes are taken from Jinaradasa's ~Economics and
Theosophy~ published by Adyar in 1944. He was Vice-President of
the International Adyar-based Society from 1921-1928.

Alan