Re: go away???

Sep 19, 1995 04:46 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> Alan or Dr. Bain or AB:
>
> >It is perfectly possible to produce similar lists of Jewish
> scholars, Buddhist scholars, Moslem scholars, Hindu scholars,
> all of whom would argue that your list was of people who were at
> the least mistaken. Kindly credit us with common sense.
>
> PLEASE GO AWAY
>
> >PLEASE GO AWAY, YOU ARE SOWING YOUR SEEDS ON STONY GROUND HERE,
> >WHERE THEY WILL NEVER GROW. IF YOU WISH TO INVESTIGATE
> >THEOSOPHICAL IDEAS WITH AN OPEN MIND, THEN PLEASE RETURN.
>
> This is not the sort of thing we tell people to go away for.

We have a party line on this?

 Does he make
> you feel denigrated? Does he defile? Does he commit gross crimes against
> humanity? Please fit the punishment to the crime. If a mind isn't open to
> you, then open it. Test your own abilities at providing information which
> can be appreciated. I am gaining in understanding myself by writing with
> this gentleman. I am thoroughly enjoying what you consider an unapproachable
> dilemma.

I asked this man a number of questions which he completely
ignored, but he continues to ask us questions to which he
replies with quotes from (probably) the protestant bible
(catholic bibles, as you know, are different). I am NOT
enjoying his postings one bit, and see no reason not to say so
loud and clear. He clearly has no other interest than to
convert others to his viewpoint. I want him to go away, so I
ask him to. If you enjoy him, fine, but I see no unapproachable
dilemma, as you put it. I have, via my questions to him,
provided him with the opportunity to acquire considerable
information in which he clearly has no interest whatever.

Do carry on your enjoyment (you are writing to him for *fun*?)
but when I see his posts I just reach for the delete key.