Johnson agrees with Caldwell(!)

Sep 17, 1995 11:31 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

On the question of W. Q. Judge as an author of source
material. There is no justification I can think of for
claiming Judge to be more "source" than Besant, except for his
status as a founder. But that criterion would make Emma
Hardinge Britten source material, so it doesn't suffice.

But here's a question for Daniel and others-- why not Olcott as
source material? I'd put Old Diary Leaves very close to the
top of my list of *source* writings.