Re: Psychic powers

Aug 31, 1995 04:37 AM
by Aprioripa

>And Purucker makes it clear that one of the
>first steps for new students is to shut down the psychic,

 Hmm, shut down seems to imply a coercive repressive. May I suggest that
the idea is to not pay too much attention to or not become glamoured by
psychic abilities (which vary widely). There are many today, I believe, who
are "old" students but who are in their twenties or younger and are free to
follow the development as they choose. Also, humanity is on the way to a new
discovery (as the ethers have been studied by science for several decades
now) and etheric vision can be increasingly developed by the general public.
 This would be a natural evolutionary development.

>In my own words, I would say they need to open the heart. Development of
>compassion comes before any psychic power, which can be abused like any
power or
>ability.

 Amen.

Namaste,