Re: Goddess is rising

Apr 20, 1995 06:27 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Jerry S.:

>Want a prediction?  I predict that the gender pendulum
>will swing the other way for a few thousand years, as
>matriarchy regains new ground in the West.  The Goddess
>is rising even as we speak.

>As to theosophy, we can fit all of this into a small
>spiral within the overall Arcs of Descent (where the
>goddess has sway) and the Arc of Ascent (where the
>god has sway).  Each time the pendulum swings, it
>passes through its mid-point where the two sides
>are equal; a time of equality that is, unfortunately,
>short lived.

Ann:

I've seen incidences of the "Goddess is rising" just recently.  A
former neighbor of mine died last month at the age of 80.  He was
a devout Methodist and his wake service was presided over by a
female Methodist minister.

Last night, I went to visit my mother before her hip surgery and
the hospital chaplain came to visit.  Also a woman.

IMHO, I believe that the religions that have not yet admitted
women to the ministry on a level with male clergy, will be forced
to do so or go out of business.

I would think the mid-point of the pendulum would be the time of
greatest growth because that's when there would be greatest
tension.  Perhaps that kind of tension can only be tolerated for
a short time.