Re: Poor Tibet

Apr 09, 1995 10:19 PM
by KONEIL

Cher  Leisel

Quite the contrary.  The Tibteans among many wonderful asian
peoples i've known offer us much.  Begining with sangha, or
community - in festivals, and fun.  We did that today with a
first hanamatsuri for Tucson - flower feswtival, hnoring the rain
fo sweet tea and flowers upon th buddha's birth.  What one does
with for is transmission of that core spriituality as an art of
living; not another fucking dogmatic theology or metaphycis.  we
simply don't have time to indulge in teh wasteful self obsession;
the tibetan plight evidences as much.  another endangered species
of ethical decency - despite their never having learned to be
Victorian Puritans in metapphysical drag disguise.  No, i like
tibetans - along with many native peopels of spirit.  They just
don't have Denny's resturants which look like toilet rooms gone
cosmic.

I, do , however, dislike wanna bes.  We anglos should learn a way
from them - not thier way for our parrottiiiing, but their way as
an infulence for our culture.

thanks for the  email

gassho,
ken oneill