Re: Grokking

Apr 04, 1995 06:03 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> But I'll use any avenue I find useful to acquire Theosophia.  It
> inlcudes such things as what Serge King calls grokking, which I
> can' t do nearly well enough, because I haven't been practicing,
> but what you do is you think/imagine yourself into something else
> with Love (be it flower or thunderstorm) & try to find out what
> makes it tick, & what qualitites it has that could come in handy
> to copy.
>
> Liesel

What I have tried (and still do from time to time) is to attempt
to share the _being_ of the "other" - flower or thunderstorm.
When successful, the only way to describe the experience is that
for a brief time I AM THAT (flower, etc.) and IT IS I.  It's a
real WOW, GULP, OH OH OH experience.  One time when I was
particularly 'psychic' (Neptune transit - 2 years of it) my sense
of being and awareness was briefly transferred to a fly that had
settled briefly on my coat.  I saw "me" through the fly's eyes.
I was _enormous_ and yes, just like the constructed pics of how
science imagines flies see us!  I have occasionally "been" other
creatures in this way.

I think the best way to try to describe actually doing this, is
to attempt to extend one's awareness directly _into_ the "other"
[but in a sharing, not an invasive manner].  Difficult to
describe, but maybe the 'flavor' of it may come through.

Alan.