Re: Reply to Paul Johnson, etc.

Mar 13, 1995 12:27 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Paul:

I like your Lake Theosophy idea!

Seems to me there is a kind of flame war going on here which I
for one regard as irrelevant.

Various things have been argued concerning the Masters and the
letters, not least the controversies over authenticity,
precipitation etc.  All this is really very old stuff which has
been, IMHO, done to death by some.

One theory is that HPB wrote all the letters herself, without aid
from anyone other than HPB.  Maybe this extreme view is true,
maybe not.  It is probably of interest to historians, and of
value as a historical enquiry.  Theosophy, however, it is not.

Whoever wrote the letters, and how, is perhaps like asking the
question, "Who made the boat to take across Lake Theosophy?"

My question is "Does it float?"

As we are still discussing it [theosophy] after 120 years, it
seems to me that it does.