To Art Patterson from Martin Euser

Mar 12, 1995 06:13 AM
by euser

Hi Art,

You asked about Steiner.
I've read most of his books when I was young and found it
interesting at that time. I did not limit myself to Steiner
and moved to Theosophy after a couple of years after attending
a lecture.

Now, about Steiner;

1. His work is a. Antropocentric  and b. Christocentric.

Antropocentric because man is at the center of his work,
while in Theosophy there is a much broader scope of teaching.

Christocentric indeed! If you read his book : about 'how to reach
consciousness on the higher planes' (note: title will be a bit
different, because I just translated the Dutch title; German will
be something like: 'Wie erlangt man bewusstsein auf hoeheren
Gebieten') you will find at the first pages a footnote about
Eastern religions being inferior to Christianity!

This expresses an attitude of arrogance from the side of Steiner
(indeed, Western society) that needs no further comment.

2.  If I recall well, Steiner has a totally different opinion
about how the seven principles of man evolve.  He starts more
with the physical side than the spiritual side, while Theosophy
mentions the involving of Atman into matter during the first
round.  (I would have to check Steiner's work though, to analyze
this further)

3.  Steiner has 'extraordinary visions' in the Akasha chronicles.
Indeed! In my opinion he is one of the thousands of people who
has been deluded by the astral light.  If you read William Quan
Judge (Echoes of the Orient, Vol.  I) you will find some valuable
stuff about this.

Hope this will interest you.
Martin