Mastering Hierarchies

Mar 01, 1995 08:54 AM
by Nancy Coker

MASTERING:

I can't find and have not read Keith's original post on the
Masters, but there were so many quotes from it, I can't help but
chime in.

We agree that the Spiritual Path is an inner one and this
interiorization process naturally touches on the subject of
privacy.  Many times issues which some folks are comfortable
discussing publicly, others feel are too private (too holy or too
personal or a host of other too's) to discuss casually.

For me, the subject of Masters is a sensitive one -- that is, I'm
still coming to terms with my relationship to it.  I'm still
exploring the contours, the shapes, depths, and heights.  This
requires times of bright light, times of twilight, and times of
no light, and I don't always care to have the process
scrutinized/contaminated by the sometimes harsh light of other's
opinions/prejudices.

And so I sympathize with Keith's feelings.  I dislike the wild
eyed look I sometimes see when people profess their interest in
the Masters.  I am equally uncomfortable (defensive mostly) by
the reaction of amused skeptics.  My discomfort is a clue about
where I need to continue working, and to that extent is a
personal dilemma, but to the extent that others feel a similar
discomfort, it may also be a group dilemma.

Considering the heated reactions people in this group have had to
postings on past leaders, I would say we indeed have a GROUP
DILEMMA.

HIERARCHIES:

K.  Paul -- Congratulations on your book review.  And thanks too
for your comment on hierarchies being more than a 2 dimensional
concept.

A point of view that enlarged my understanding was given by a
friend who pointed out that the hierarchical nature of the
Universe has a lot to do with increasing levels of
responsibility.  Does a baby or a kitty have the same
responsibility as a mature adult? It is a much more humbling
picture than imagining we have attained spiritual heights.

Hugs
Nancy