To ET1 et al

Feb 10, 1995 03:07 PM
by Keith Price

Thanks to Leisel, Jerry S and Eldon (could we have ET1 and 2 :) )
for comments regarding feeling, art and theosophy.  I decided I
need to do more listening.  Yes, Leisel, I guess I was joking or
something about feeling having no place in theosophy.  The
problem is its hard to imagine anything without the four
functions of consciousness.  They seem to always appear together
in some way at least in incarnation.

Jung had a saying over his door which I remember as "announced or
unannounced, God (or the gods) will be there".  In other words,
where any human activity is, the whole range is there, if only as
possibility or in another way, divinity (as expressed in the
human unconscious as archetypes) is everywhere whether we always
like it or not.

So feeling and art provide support to the thinking function in
theosophy or any endeavor.

No one has mentioned "A Brief History of Time".  Maybe you talked
about it last year or before, I am still impressed by such a
"balanced" ( in the sense of feeling, thinking, sensation and
intuitive elements) presentation of cosmology and a cosmologist.
You get formulas and graphs, but you also get the suffering and
strange triumph of a genius in a cripple's body.  Pretty strong
stuff!

Eldon uses the term "Radiant Mind" as a euphemism for something
inexpressable, but what I have termed Creative Spirit (is this
Fohat or is he just a messanger ???).  Nicholas I believe had a
criticism that I was trying to make art in Art or synonymous with
Creative Spirit or Radiant Mind or everything and by implication
"nothing".  Well that is a justifiable criticism, but still
everything folds out on the great unified implicate order into
the "artifcially" created (by our minds) maya of the explicate
order and so that is the point.  Like the four forces in physics
that are from one force, so everything can be traced back to a
grand unified force that is a "singularity" (a breakdown of
"law") of some kind beyond the languages of English, Sanskrit,
Kabala, math, philosophy, art, science, poetry, theosophy and on
and on, yet contains them all and a whole lot more.  So when I
use art, I should be careful to distinguish it from Primordial
Art (Pan).

Namaste

Keith Price