RE: theosophy 1995

Jan 12, 1995 11:44 AM
by Michael W. Grenier

> Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day
>
> O'Conner rendered an opinion that seemed, at a superficial level,
> to lean far more towards pro-choice than a conservative justice
> was expected to, but her argument was an interesting piece of
> legal clarity: She rightly (IMO) argued that the principle
> underlying much of the debate was the grounds upon which a
> government might intrude in reproduction decisions of the
> individual members of its populace...

JRC,

I'm sorry but in my opinion, the Webster decision was not very
good.  I agree with the Chief Justice and J.  Scalia in that the
constitution does not say anything about abortions.  Anyone who
wants to make abortions a constitution right should add it to the
consitution.  If its not in the US Constitution, then ammendent
10 should apply and the decisions should fall back to the states
and the people.

I have a real problem with judges making laws from the bench
without any accountability to the people.

Sorry...not to much Theosophy in this message.

   -Mike Grenier

----
Michael W. Grenier    mike@planet8.sp.paramax.com
612-456-7869          Unisys - Air Traffic Control