Dec 27, 1994 07:13 AM
I am trying to compile a list of suggested reading for the
inquirer interested in Theosophy and for the beginning student of
I am appealing to all members of the Theos-l Network to give me
your input on the following questions. NOTE: Books recommended
should still be in print. You can post your message on the
Theos-l Network or send your message to my E-Mail address listed
at the beginning of my message. I would gratefully appreciate
everybody's input. Thanks.
(1) What 12 titles would you recommend an inquirer of Theosophy
to read and study?
(2) What titles by H.P.B. would you suggest that a new student
to Theosophy should read first?
(3) If you were exiled to a deserted, isolated island for the
rest of your life, what 12 Theosophical titles would you be sure
to take with you?
(4) What is the best introductory biography on H.P.B.?
(5) What is the best introductory book on Theosophy?
(6) Should a new student to Theosophy read ISIS UNVEILED, THE
SECRET DOCTRINE AND THE MAHATMA LETTERS? Or should he/she read
other simpler, introductory books first and then later read I.U,
S.D. and M.L.? Reasons?
(7) Can you recommend one or two good, reliable commentaries on
H.P.B.'s SECRET DOCTRINE?
(8) If you had the chance to open a book store, what 12
Theosophical works would sure to be on your shelves?
If you have comments on any of these questions in addition to the
simple listing of the titles, please feel free to give them. I
look forward to your replies! Once again thanks for participating
in this survey.
Daniel H. Caldwell
P.O. Box 1844
Tucson, Arizona 85702
[Back to Top]
Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application