Re: Judge case etc.

Aug 18, 1994 10:51 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

Jerry,

My source for both stories you ask about is the first chapter
of Nethercot's second Besant bio-- The Last Five Lives.  He
says Judge wrote Annie Mahatma letters warning her that Olcott
would have her killed, and also that Judge and Annie teamed up
to get rid of HSO before she changed sides.  As to a demand,
that's my own interpolation and has no basis other than my
guess.  They had some goods on him, and, well (this doesn't
make either B or J look good) the result appears to have been
blackmail.  But as you no doubt know, Nethercot isn't very
rigorous about his sources, and therefore further research is
indicated.

Paul