Re: Masters and stuff

Aug 08, 1994 08:02 AM
by Michael W. Grenier

> Basically the choice is: do we keep the authoritarian idea of the
> Masters alive in the mythos and teachings of theosophy at an
> official level, or do we, as a Society, acknowledge the social
> fact of our Western culture with its ever growing emphasis on
> decentralization of authority and reliance on internal authority
> (as opposed to externally opposed authority)?

Don,

Forgive my political bent in this election year but I don't see
an ever growing emphasis on decentralization of authority.  From
a geo-political view, I see the exact opposite.  We now see
federalization of crimes, health-care, education and most
everything else.  It seems that authority is moving out of the
hands of individuals and into the hands of centralized federal
authorities.  Am I missing something?

    -Mike Grenier
Michael W. Grenier    mike@planet8.sp.paramax.com
612-456-7869          Unisys - Air Traffic Control