Re: framemaker comments

Jul 29, 1994 11:59 AM
by LEWIS LUCAS

I have access to a HP full color page scanner.  It hasn't been setup
yet, so I don't know much about it.  We also use Aldus Pagemaker for
our newsletters here at the library, and I was wondering if we could
scan books into it from the HP scanner.

I realize that still leaves the editing and copyright issues
unresolved.

One more point...I have been asked to refrain from speaking on behalf
of the Theosophical Society in America on the Internet.  I want to
apologize publicly if I have misled anyone in this forum into thinking
I had the authority to speak on the national sections behalf.
Speculation on my part about the availability of files for materials
produced by (or for) them is nothing more than that ..speculation.

The spread of theosophical ideas via the publication of texts from
newspapers, magazines, or books in electronic format is all that I was
trying to encourage and support...but only with the full knowledge and
cooperation of the legal copyright holders.

                                            Sincerely,
                                            Lewis Lucas