Last AAB\HPB exchange

Jun 27, 1994 08:08 PM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

Arvind,

     Thank you very much for your final communication, our
exchange has been very educational for me also.  I'm also glad to
hear that you have found something that you feel to be more
suitable for your needs.  Theosophy is a jnana path requiring
careful and intense study as well as strict practice.  There are
not very many people in this world who are into theosophy--just a
few thousand.  Out of that tiny group, there is just a small
handful of students who both really understand teachings and
carry on a theosophical practice in their lives.  My own
observations of people in this movement has suggested that it
takes an odd combination of character traits in order to really
get into Theosophy and stick with it.  Many come, but very few
stay.

     Good luck with your new interest in Sri Nisargadatta
Maharaj.  Also, I wish you a good and safe journey on your Indian
vacation.

Fraternally,

Jerry Hejka-Ekins