Disseminating theosophy Again

May 24, 1994 12:44 PM
by Keith Price

Sorry if I sounded negative and for all the typos.

Like I said, I"m not a techie and was not sure if the message was sent.
I'm still struggling with all thecommand and protocols.

On the positive side, I think this internet discussion group is one
othe best way to disseminate thesophy! Thanks to John Mead and others
their is now a really WIDESPREAD forum that is almost instantaneous.

Positive suggestions:

1) T.S.  headquaters and should be on internet (Wheaton is, Point Loma
?, Adyar is not) This would be an excellent use of scarce funds and pay
for itself many times over

2) Techie liason to headquaters to coordinate this (John has done a lot
of work) Don De Garcia has written a really excellent program

3) Have an on-line lodge once a week where people could chat more
informally and have formal conferences - Why not summer school on line
(yeah right, dream on!)

4) Memeber at large could enter a member at large lodge on-line

5) have abridged major texts in the library for dowloading

6) More person to person e-mail on person pen-pal levels

7) More coordination with others on the newage forum on compuserve.
This is a good way to get the basics of philosophy into some of the
more "emphemeral" shall I say aspects of the new age like aroma theaphy
and crystals (nothing wrong with them, but they need to be more
grounded)

Oh well I stuck my nose in it now

Namaste