GAME MUSIC

May 09, 1994 03:45 AM
by daratman

We all live inside our own Musical Landscapes or rather, they live
within us.  I've begun to design my own music and have a greater
appreciation now of the skills required.  If I were going to pick some
of my favorite music for inclusion in the Theosophy Game, I'd go
immediately with the Moody Blues, and some of the band members' solo
albums, followed by Alan Parsons and Robin Trower.

Then there are the Chants and New Age works from Don Campbell and some
of his collaborators.  Music as Healer.

INXS was the first band to have a game released built around one of
their songs.  There are more now.  Peter Gabriel has an entire
interactive CD-Rom, which is the direction I'm headed.

I've also designed my own instruments which create patterns of sounds
that can't be duplicated on chromatic instruments.  So I could make
those available.

Another thought is the historical music of our old Theosophists,
themselves.  They were world travelers.  They must have come across
some special pieces they held dear.  What were they?

Daniel Hampson