excerpts from book

Apr 30, 1994 09:25 AM
by Eldon B. Tucker

This is Brenda.

The following are excerpts from a book published in Japan.  It is a
translation.  I realize it is quite lengthy, but was wondering how
to present a shortened form of the book to publishers (magazine or
book) and thought people might have some comments on what material
they liked and which things I could maybe delete from my submission.
Since I only took a few paragraphs at a shot, maybe there are
concepts that people will not find complete.

I've heard that it is acceptable to forward a few chapters and that
book publishers can make known their interest or non-interest from
that. I don't know if excerpts like this are acceptable. Please keep
in mind that the book explains at much greater length and is over
100 pages long.  Any suggestions about who to send it to would be
appreciated.

The author's name is Narayan Uchigaki.  He worked with a translator
in Japan and corrections were done by a Professor Emeritus who
translates into English from German books in German libraries. He
has his own organization in Japan and U.S. called The Vedanta
Society and lives here in Redding, California on an ashram he has
founded.

                          TRANSPARENT DEW

         One drop of transparent dew fell.
         The light shone on it and created an angle.
         And so a geometry that was not visible previously
         became apparent.
         Transparency created transparency itself.
         That was the flower, the sun;
         that was time and space.
         Overlapping created sound, gravity, and color.
         Also, life was born
         out of that overlap of geometry.
         From the geometry of "now" that flies
         where there is no time or space,
         all was born and nurtured.
         The universe is but one large drop.

         Where Does Mystery Come From

         Where does the mystery of the universe
         come from?
         It seems to contain
         'Angle', 'Line', 'Speed of light'
         and 'Distance'.
         'Distance' seems to be especially mysterious.
         From that concept
         true mystery will be born.

         Man Has Played Too Much with Religious Language

         Man has played too much with a language about gods
         and with a language about people,
         using words like 'love', 'kindness', 'affection'
         in that childish game.
         God resides beyond that world of language.
         The universe is also beyond the world of language.
         Man has been living in the world of man or gods
         which is only involved in minds and feelings.
         He has been playing
         this kind of childish and superficial play.
         Human history has always been involved
         in these games.
         Now man must stop using
         such childish religious words
         and enter the deeper world.
         There you will find the world of PURE PHYSICS
         where 'angle' and 'wavelength' are talked about.
         There you will find the true nature of man.

         Your home, your native place can be found there.
         Go through the 'Transparent Angle';
         beyond you will see
         the world of the vanished structure.

       If we stop to consider what we human beings suffer from...
economics being one of the problems... we find that most of our
sufferings stem from human relationships: man victimizing his fellow
man. It is understandable that humans may become the prey of wild
beasts. However, we are still at a very low level of civilization
where humans prey upon other human beings. Such things are truly
senseless. Mankind has not escaped from such stupidity after
thousands of years. It is up to us to conquer it, if we are to make
any real progress.

       You ask, why do we suffer? Because we are confronting each
other.
       Confronting each other... that is to say, "in relativity". We
are in positions of relativity. That is why we suffer. Our early
ancestors had no relativity. They lived in Oneness with all things.
Our ancestors breathed in the great "Prana" of the universe. For
them, there was no death. Even after the death of the body, they did
not consider themselves dead. That is how wise those people were. As
time went on, however, men lost their wisdom. Religions came to
them, saying, "You suffer because your mind is evil." Religions also
taught them to love, to be kind. Although concepts like these have
been repeated again and again for thousands of years, they have not
been successful.
       Man suffered, not because he was not loving, but fundamentally
because he was confronting his fellow men; they were in relative
positions to one another. The problem is one of structure. Structure
resulted in men confronting one another. That is why humans suffer.
       I am talking about how man may be saved, not in religious
language, but from the geometric perspective. In essence, it is this
problem of structure: we suffer because of the Structure of
Relativity, because we confront one another. In order to save
ourselves, we must return to the Connected Structure, to the Oneness
of our early ancestors.

       All people are human beings more or less. Male and female, all
persons are human and at the same time individuals. Just as the
moon, stars, and space are all parts of the Self.

That is why we must change our paradigm from the relative structure
to the structure of Oneness. Unless we do so, this immense
undertaking can never be accomplished. In firm recognition of this
fundamental concept that "You and I are one," we must all of us join
hands. The first step is for us to get back to this Oneness; the
next step is for us to return to the Great Oneness with the whole of
the Universe.
       Meanwhile, we Asian people, especially the Japanese, seem to
have missed out on this first step, this relatedness between human
beings that the American people are attempting to achieve. Our
concern is directed towards Oneness with the Brahman, enlightenment.
In Hindu teachings one also finds the phrase "I am you, you are I,"
--that American flash of inspiration. No matter how we direct our
concentration towards the sky, towards the ultimate Brahman, we can
never become one with the Heavens with such an approach, nor can we
achieve the state of absolute purity. Do not skip that first step,
"I am human, you are human"; make it securely yours. Since coming to
America, I have come to recognize the importance of this principle.

         The Line of Eagle Wings is Singing

         The line is singing
         The line of eagle wings in flight
         That line sings.
         Here are curves, tenderness. Transparency.
         The line of eagle wings in flight.
         Full of confidence, that line is singing.
         Confidence is trusting oneself.
         That confidence creates the best line.

         Line, line, line sings.
         The line sings in its flight through the cosmos.
         There comes the smile, the smile.
         A secure and peaceful smile.
         The eagle is flying,
         consigning itself to the Universe,
         which creates the best line.

         One Living Line in Flight

         The eagle is this
         The eagle is this.
         It is a giant tree standing in the cosmos.
         One simple line.
         That single living line is the universe,
         the tree standing in the cosmos.
         The eagle flies, making the stars shine,
         one single line in flight.
         In that simplicity,
         the cosmos folds into one single line.
         Vibration. Vibration of a single line
         which is everything.
         The eagle flies,
         as a tree standing in the Cosmos.
         Having the star shine as its smile,
         it flies.
         Consigning, consigning itself to the universe
         in that single line.

       The actual substance of man is vibration, cosmic vibration
itself. You must become a mass of vibration itself. If we compare a
human being to a tree, the vibration is the trunk. The trunk
consists of vibration; the branches and leaves are words. However,
now we only have branches and leaves without the trunk. Branches and
leaves do not make a tree but a shrub. When you have the vibration
as your trunk, you'll find that the whole cosmos will become your
trunk. The whole cosmos ... the whole cosmos becomes you. Do you see
how important it is to become a cosmic vibration?
       Vibration... When you have that, you tremble. In actuality,
the whole cosmos is trembling. We human beings also have that
vibration within us, but without knowing it, spend our lives only in
the sphere of cerebral languages, so that we are unable to escape from
that illusory world that we have constructed. First, have that
vibration within you. Then, you will feel that trembling.
       If you want to know where that trembling begins: It does not
come from the head, but from the A-point, the point on the spine
right behind the heart. That is the Center; it is somewhat like an
antenna that responds to the Cosmos. Therefore it has to be
developed by centering consciousness on that point.  It is like a
powerhouse. Ever since man developed language, we have all been
living only with the head. Only with the head... we entered the head
world. From now on, enter the world that starts at your spine, and
feel that vibration.
       There is an airplane factory in the Rocky Mountains of
Colorado. Every morning, the workers call out to one another, "Good
vibration!" Now if this was Osaka, Japan, people would be calling
out "How's the business going?" You see, money is already ingrained
in the body of consciousness. Quite a bit different from the
Rockies, isn't it? Try saying "Hi! Good vibration!" and you'll find
that vibration permeating your expression.

       Where I am leading you now, you see, is not to the realms of
knowledge or philosophy, but to the realm of vibration--a world of
undulating waves. Take light, as an example; it is made up of both
particles and waves. The very different properties of waves and
particles are combined into one. The fact that light is composed in
such a way indicates that there must be a world of structure. In the
repeated pattern of its combinations, there is a sort of vibration.
So you see, there is a realm of geometric structure of such
vibrations that lies beyond the world of physics.
       Let us consider our clothing. Say we have a shirt that has
patterns of red, yellow, multicolored flowers. That is what we
perceive with our eyesight. Within the design of that fabric lies a
certain structure that governs the outline of its flower patterns.
That structure is the source of things, and it can be found in the
realm of geometry. Geometry is the basic foundation, and the
physical world is constructed on that foundation. Similarly,
needless to say, as we human beings exist separately and
individually, also all things exist separately and individually. But
on a basic structural level, we are all joined together. We are one.

       The now commonly known DNA chromosomes contain that computer,
and in that computer is each man's character, personality, and the
whole of his personal history, composing a pattern. That pattern
(our Karma) today is not too good. We need to break it down and
reconstruct it in order to make it transparent and pure, in order to
change the pattern that is incorporated in our chromosomes. To make
such a change, it is essential that we know the proper structure.
       We have to get back to the Oneness, the Oneness we knew in the
era of the Rig-Veda, in ancient India, when the stars, the moon, the
sun, and the whole of Space was the Self. In that vibration of
Oneness there is poetry, there is mythology. Since the time that Man
severed that Oneness, that organic bond with the Cosmos, poetry and
mythology have left him. Having been thus crippled, Man needed to
invent crutches. He invented God. The people devised their own gods;
they needed them for their support.

       When the mind starts to seek the pure, it grows transparent
wings on itself. It goes from the "real" world to "unreal" realms of
play, worship, celebration, and giving of gifts.
       I remember saying once, "There might be wings on that apple,
too." Wings? Granted, it's hard to believe, but even though they
cannot be seen, there just might be a pair of wings on that apple.
They might be transparent wings... There are wings on an airplane.
Those are wings we can see, physically, with our senses. Since we
are satisfied to see only with our senses, we can't see wings on an
apple. But that apple just might have wings and be flying through
space. "An apple flying?" you might say, "Nonsense, it's right here
sitting on the table." But the invisible wings, the invisible body
of the apple just might be gliding through Space at this very
moment. Its vibration is there for you to feel.
       When you look at the moon, feeling its beauty, if you would
instead just try to feel the vibration of the moon, that would be
marvelous. You would gradually feel as if a vibration were truly
coming to you from the moon. It may not arrive right away, but your
eagerness to feel it prepares you. Then, you begin to sense that you
are receiving it. Then you feel it more strongly. .....In the same
way, if you keep saying to yourself that an apple has wings,
transparent wings made of fine, transparent vibration, you'll be
creating for yourself a world of vibrations in which one normally
feels such things. Similarly, you need to train yourself to
incorporate the realm of geometric structures. Then your computers,
those infinitesimally small ones within your chromosomes, will have
poetry.

(Apr 27) about making clear, cut-and-dried statements about the
different theosophical groups.)

..the soft-focused picture is the children's world. The reverse is
the clear-cut, sharp focused world of grownups. Of course, a grownup
needs to be sharp to survive; it is constantly in his mind to be
keen and alert. Children see things in soft focus, since their minds
are in soft focus. Even though their eyes see very clearly, their
minds receive a softly focused, blurred image.

       The grownup's mind receives a clear, sharply-focused picture.
However, for some reason he may see things differently from the way
they actually are. For example, when you are afraid a harmless
object may look to you like a snake or a wolf. Also, a person whom
you are afraid of will look frightening to you, no matter how
kind-hearted he is in reality. That picture was not only perceived
by your eyes, but was distorted by your emotions.
       You are trying to be clear and sharp in the way you see
things, but in fact, you are only grasping the pictures in your
mind. Instead of directly receiving the message that accompanies
those pictures, you receive false messages from your mind's screen
on which you have projected your emotional biases.

       People with sharp, shrewd, minds have the kind of attitude
that can create such situations: shooting at each other, robbing
banks, getting chased by policemen. That is the kind of society that
sharp adults have created, in which these things are inevitable. But
when these sharp adults reenter the world of soft focus, all the
confusion, conflict and harshness fade, and a gentler society comes
about.
       That is to say, we have to turn back from this harshness to
our soft-focused self, to the soft-focused picture. And even though
it seems absurd to us now, who knows, the flower fairy [of
childhood] may actually reappear.

       During the two months I was in India looking at the stars, all
of this happened. I entered the vibrational realm, the Pure, and
reached the Source behind it. Then I found that the Source is
composed of "pure" vibrations, and that it is itself the Pure. This
is something I knew to be true, not from my learning, but with my
being.
       When your mind becomes pure, you enter the world of vibration,
where you know by feeling, not by knowledge or learning. And it is
when you are in the world of vibration that you begin to see the
world of geometry.
       After encountering the Pure in Ajmer, India, I came back to
Japan. There I began to have the feeling that there is a world of
geometrical structure behind this physical world. I began truly to
be able to "see". I could see, for example, three dimensions within
a flat surface, a depth to a plane. There actually is a world with
a depth to a plane. You don't usually see it. Normally you would
only see a plane within a plane, a solid within a solid. However, I
could also see a plane within a solid. How did I begin to see it?...
Now that I think about it, for the previous two months I had been
practicing "light speed-meditation" in India; that must have speeded
up the computer in my brain. That was how I could see solids within
a plane, planes within a solid.
       Then one day, while looking at a circle, I saw that since six
circles of the same radius would fit on the circumference of the
circle, the circle contains a hexagon. All visible circles have as
their basis the hexagon. That is its structure. Being in the world
of the senses, we only see the circle when we see a circle. But this
circle is always supported by the hexagonal structure. Without the
hexagon, there would be no circle. In this way, I began to see these
three worlds, the manifest world, the world of structure, and the
world beyond the structure.

one?)

       Up until now, in the spiritual world, the circle was said to
represent a harmonious mind, a concord with the universe. The circle
was regarded as a good symbol, and it was worshipped.
       However, from now on, we may have hexagon worship. The
two-dimensional age, the global age, and the hexagonal age... an
interesting thought, isn't it?
       The hexagon can interact with any substance. The hexagon may
be the foundation, the fundamental design of this cosmos. Each one
of our cells is contained within hexagonal membranes. In the same
way, this whole universe may have been formed on a hexagonal
structure.

       You will find you have an ability to catch light. On that
vehicle of light, traversing vast distances, you will use your new
ability as a lever to fly to the border of the cosmos. Beyond that
border you will find yourself at the Source, Brahman. That is the
world of the Pure, the domain of structure without structure. The
source of the universe, the home of all things is the transparent
world, the pure world, a world without structure.

       Even if you have achieved that unity with Brahman, you must
nevertheless descend once more to the actual world of Maya. Human
beings are made to live in Maya. Your true duty is
self-actualization in this world of Maya. In order to do that, you
must actualize mythology.
       This is the most difficult part. You can reach the Brahman
quite easily if you use the method of "light speed meditation", but
that is not the end of it. You have to descend again to the world of
Maya and meet with poetry and mythology. You have to make your own
the world of "worship", of transparent angle, of the out-of-focus,
of festivals, and of gifts. Now we are getting to the most important
part.

       Distance is the source of energy, as you see in "Force x
Distance = the amount of work." Especially an object which is moving
at very high speed needs a great deal of distance for increasing its
energy; force times distance creates energy.
       Speed, speed. Without speed and distance, you cannot fly this
self of yours, the great bird, over the expanse of the universe. The
great mythological vibration awaits there. Great bird, great
bird..... Thou with great wings!

       When the Cosmos first appeared, there were only minerals. Next
appeared plants, and then came creatures. The birth of animal life
was actually quite recent. If we take twenty-four hours to represent
the time from the birth of the Cosmos up to the present, the period
since animals arrived would be less than one fourth of a second.
That which appeared earlier, therefore, is closer to the
origin....the Source. If we are to look for the Truth, it is best to
start with matter, not with the Spiritual world.
       As an example, rock your body which is matter--from side to
side. When you rock, you'll find that you are more attuned to
vibration. When you enter the world of vibration, you will be in the
world of geometry instead of physics. Our cells are a kind of
computer. You are thus giving such vibrations to your computer. In
this way, you will be getting closer and closer to your original
state. Behind that state, then, is the Pure. Just as the Source is
the Pure, the true nature of Man is Pure. When you rock your body from
side to side, becoming attuned to vibration, you enter the
material world, and gradually into a world of Pure Vibration.
       Becoming Pure through the mind and spirit, seeing with the
mind, is not the way to enter the Source. The actualization of the
real is not achieved by the mind or spirit, but only through the
material. Through geometric structure you will find your way back to
the original world of Pure Vibration. Then unnecessary thoughts, or
the spirit born from knowledge and the senses, will leave, and your
mind and spirit will be influenced by the Pure.
       Your mind and spirit at this time are not formed by the Pure
that is at the source of the body, but by things like knowledge,
thoughts grasped with the senses, and the need to be sharp and
alert. All these are wrong. So rock your body, and put your trust in
matter. Let matter come to the foreground, since matter is the true
self in you. If you treat things in this way, then you will join
company with material objects. The table is material, so is the air,
so are the stars, that mountain over there; these material things
far from you will be your companions. You can be close to many
objects. It's interesting.

       Our lives are created by geometric designs. Even a single cell
is a combination of structures. That is why, even in meditation, we
need to train ourselves to enter the unfocused structure, rather
than indulge in the worship of deities or the intellectual search
for truth. We need to train ourselves to enter the soft-focused
structure. In meditation, in your daily life, try to remember always
that you are composed of soft-focused structures. Always say to
yourself: soft focus, structure. From the structure, universal
vibrations occur.

       ..to describe the Pure at the Source of the Universe in
simpler terms, there is the element of "festival". Even in worship,
rather than worshiping a deity as though He moves beyond your reach,
worship as if you were playing with Him.  No matter if He is Buddha
or God; play with Him. A deity does not have to be a known deity.
You can create your own. You can make up a deity from your
imagination, and then you can play with him. Not only a deity~you
can play also with the universe, or the stars. That ability to play
is called "festival".

       There is a statue of Krishna in our headquarters in Osaka.
When Tom was about four, he was sitting at the foot of a statue of
Krishna, doing ORIGAMI (folding papers) with colored papers. He
wanted to show Krishna how to do ORIGAMI. Right then, he heard the
flute of Krishna playing. Interesting, isn't it? Such things
actually do happen.
       There is a story of Krishna and Radha in India. Some people
understand it as simply a love story between the male god Krishna
and the female goddess Radha; a cheap and shallow view. It is much
more than that. It is a story wherein one becomes Krishna and the
other becomes Radha and they play and celebrate. I would like you to
remember this. Krishna and Radha are of one and the same thing. And
that one thing is celebrating, a "festival".

       The people of this world want to be clear about everything, to
make everything absolutely clear--such as, what is truth? Wanting to
make everything clear is a characteristic of this world of the
senses. Dogs have dog characteristics, cats have cat
characteristics, and the primary human characteristic is that we
want to make everything clear.
       Modern science has gradually been deviating from this
attitude. Truth is seldom spoken of, and never clearly. The closest
we can get to it is in symbols.
       When we enter the microscopic realm, there are obstacles of
uncertainty, duality, and paradoxes. In the greater universe we
reach the unifying ideas of time-space, mass-energy, matter-field:
the uncharacteristic and ultimate unifying ideas. These are all
symbols that were found, not truths that were reached. The human
intellect and knowledge cannot go beyond them.
       If we look into the minute world of particles (protons,
electrons, photons, etc.), the further and deeper we explore, the
more soft-focused this world becomes. In order for us to understand
the fundamental structure of the universe, it is necessary that we
go beyond this "world perceived by the senses."
       Einstein also said that man cannot achieve his ultimate
purpose until he has abandoned this idea of making things clear.
       The world of Truth that the philosophers and scientists have
now discovered is, therefore, not a world whose nature is clear and
well-defined, but a highly-involved world constructed by means of
signs and symbols. Even if someone were able to say what truth is,
his definition fades and is blown away before an unfocused picture
of a single rose.

       Just as in Zen Buddhism, the Vedanta school of philosophy
flatly negates all things. This hampers further progress and
development. That is, it ignores the scientific approach that
accompanies progress. However, Heidegger says history has
brightness. If we begin with this concept, with the assumption that
Brahman or the Absolute is the Source of brightness, then everything
has brightness. We feel the essential brightness, apart from the
superficial brightness or darkness of illumination.

       ...I could define space as a pulsating being that opens, that
has a life of its own. In this manner, we can go directly into
space.
       That beings in existence can exist, means that there is enough
open space that allows them to exist. Therefore, space is the
substance that allows all things to be. And it is pulsating, living,
and opening... opening--which means that it's waiting. It's
wonderful, the fact that there is something that is open and
waiting. That makes us pulsate with life. That pulsating, open
existence of space is nothing but the Home (the Source) of all
things.

       There is an excellent book by Maeterlinck called "The Life of
the Bee," in which he says that human beings should learn from the
bees. People nowadays are so driven by greed and personal ambition,
however, they wouldn't think of emulating honey bees. There is no
excuse for man's behavior. The more advances he makes in
technological and medical fields, the faster he is being sucked into
the black hole of destruction.
       Mankind was originally composed of transparent angles, but
gradually that consciousness became contaminated; people forgot
about their origin. Now they are riddled with all varieties of
greed; it has distorted their faces. Even their DNA reveals nodules
of greed. There are no limits to the excesses of some people.
       Mythology can be defined as something that has transparent
angles. So when transparent angles become implanted in us, our
actual being--the mythical quality--is revived. Gain or loss, like
and dislike, love and hate, --such worlds no longer belong to the
present. Such worlds must disappear from within us.
       Let us imagine a tree. We see that this tree has worm holes in
its bark. We begin to treat those worm-eaten parts on the tree's
outer shell. But if the roots of the tree are ravaged and we're
unaware of that fact, the tree will die no matter how much surface
treatment we give it.
       In the same way, if you tell someone he is not loving, that he
is consumed with greed, you are attempting to treat the tree's bark
but you are not dealing with the sickness at the root--the sickness
of having forgotten the geometric angle. That person's weakness will
continue to grow until it finally destroys him.

       The work of the bees is simple. There has been a lot of snow
this winter, and it has been snowing ever since the twenty-fourth,
Christmas Eve; the bees haven't been able to go out anywhere. It
cleared up yesterday, and I went to see their hives. Already, many
of them are flying out in search of honey. They are amazing. The
least amount of warmth, and off they go to work for the whole group.
Though there is a lot of honey in the boxes, as soon as the weather
clears, they fly away. Now if these were human beings, and already
wealthy, with lots of food and everything, they would no longer
work. Not the bees. Even if bees have lots of honey, even if it's so
cold out that there's snow on the boxes, at the first sign of
sunshine, they fly off to collect what amount of honey they can.
They work very hard. They don't live by good and bad. It seems that
they were born to work.

       In certain early religions it has been said that the true
nature of man is divine, holy. I think, however, that is going too
far, making a god of man. If we do not study man's true nature
scientifically, we are heading in the wrong direction. Even though
we may think it right, we are mistaken. We shouldn't swallow
statements just because the great Saints said them long ago--that
fact doesn't make them right. We need to use much more of a
scientific viewpoint when we look at the self, the universe, and
God.

It is difficult to think that the angle is our very Source. That is
truly hard to comprehend. It is somewhat easier to think that we are
originally holy and good, that we are love, or materially, that we
are composed of such elements as aluminum or iron. However, if we
start thinking about the universe and mankind in terms of geometry
and structure, we will begin to see and understand that things
really do move in angles.
       There was a time when I wondered how scissors cut paper. It is
not that scissors, being made from steel, are harder than paper.
Neither is it that the blades are well-sharpened. It is the angles
that do the cutting. Ever since that time, I have believed that the
angle is the key. The angle has the energy to create and accomplish
things though it is a little different from ordinary energy, but the
angle is the source of functioning.

       In this universe, everything is moving; nothing is still. And
all movements follow angles. For example, if you keep pulling on a
door that can only be opened by pushing, you'll never open it. You
can pull all your life, and it won't open. The door is made so that
if you push at a certain angle, it will open.
       Similarly, our destinies will not open up for us if we keep
forcing them in the wrong direction. Therefore, we have to make the
"transparent angle" the key, if we want to open up the right paths
to our Karmas. Everything in this universe moves according to that
rule, the correct and transparent angle. Only human beings are
moving through wrong angles.

       You may possibly find someone whom you feel has transparency.
Such people have speed in vibration. Not just ordinary speed, but
the speed of light. Take the speed of light from the stars into
yourself. Pour it in, paying no attention to the clamor from the
outside world: dwelling in the far, far distance, the computer of
your body-cells is moving at the speed of light, and your
consciousness is only directed towards what is real.... If you are
such a person, you will be transparent.
       The important thing is to ask yourself whether you are
directing yourself towards what is real, whether you have ever
touched the real. Real, real, real, think only about the real. Among
the various things in this world, which is the real? What is real
within you? Have you ever touched it? Ask yourself. Of course, a god
can be said to be real, but do not connect it with God all at once.
Lay that aside for the moment and plunge into the reality that's
within yourself.
       Then start searching for the transparency within you. Try hard
to become that transparency. Try hard to approach what is real. As
a short cut, whisper to your inner "worship", "My true nature is
worship itself." Then, the response "YES!" will come from worship
itself. And when you encounter that true nature, the A point on your
spine will tremble. This kind of experience, this conscious feeling
of something within your body, is called "actualization". It is
vastly different from knowing with the head. Your head may say, "Oh,
so this is the real thing," but feel that with your whole body.
Then, like that eagle line filled with vibration I referred to
earlier, you will be able to stand alone in the universe.

       In our actual world, there is hardly ever any mythology. We
are happy calling ourselves civilized and cultured, but on the other
hand, we have forgotten mythology. When mythology enters our lives
and illumines our minds, only then do we become authentic beings.
       A man asked me many things about mythology. "What is mythology
exactly? What is it like? Please explain it to me so I can
understand," he asked urgently. So little has been told us about
mythology, we have no clear idea of it.
       What makes it difficult to enter the world of mythology is
knowledge. We cannot enter the mythological world with knowledge. We
need to know many things in order to live, but if we concentrate on
those things alone, we will not be able to enter the world of
mythology. Knowledge, most of all, gets in the way. A religion,
therefore, based on doctrines of reason, cannot help us enter the
world of mythology, for the world of knowledge perceives only the
actual. If you see only the actual, you will be wandering in the
world of knowledge. Mythology is not to be found in such actual
things. Mythology is "unreal". It is shadowy, indistinct, but from
a cosmic perspective it is perfectly clear. By contrast, this
actual, intellectual world seems to be clear, but in fact is an
inaccurate, utterly insincere and opaque world. Or, putting it more
clearly, it is a world of untruth.

       Mythology has absolutely no relation to God. However, a
mythological tale may or may not contain a god. Now I'm going to
tell you how to deal with gods by summarizing prior religious
faiths.

       Religious faiths include monotheistic religions such as
Christianity, Judaism or Islam, and polytheistic religions such as
those found in India and Greece. For those of us who deal with
mythology, the presence or absence of God does not matter. However,
those who have faiths believe those Gods or gods do exist; on the
other hand, atheists hold that Gods or gods do not exist.
       If you should say there is no need to worship a deity, that's
the end of it. That is, however, rather a cheap idea. Why and how is
that so?
       Imagine there is a glass before you. That glass was, of
course, made by man. It's a glass and that's the end of it. However,
in addition to seeing and dealing thus with things, one should also
play with that glass. "What nonsense! I have no time for such
silliness," you may say. Take water as another example. If you put
your hands in the water and shake them, you will create waves. Stir
up the surface of the water and it feels good, because that is play.
       Another example: One plus one equals two. That is correct. Yet
it is not absolutely so. It is only so according to reason.
Something like this is logical but has little value. In addition to
this logical world, there is a world that is much more precious and
valuable, that is, as I said earlier, the world of "play," wherein
you play with things as they really are. Without the flexibility
found in playing, you cannot grasp Truth over and above the world of
reason and knowledge. That is because "play" is an aspect of Truth,
an aspect of mythology.
       Even if there were no God, try playing with him once. You have
to provide that kind of opportunity for acceptance. If there is no
God, then there is no need to worship...well, that may be so.
However, that makes for a cold and flippant character. To put it
plainly, it turns you into a completely false person. Though many
people in this world believe they are rational and that they are
doing the right thing, nowhere is true reason without "play".

John Schafer:

My husband and I write on this bulletin board and I usually try to
make a submission once a week on Mondays.  I am expecting our second
child and enjoy being a mother and a homemaker.  I worked at the
T.S. Headquarters in Wheaton when I was 22-25, then returned to
University of Illinois to complete my by B.S. Degree, major
psychology.

I have been doing genealogical research in my home using the
computer and also the genealogical libraries, etc.  We just saw
SCHINDLIER'S LIST at the movies and when I think of what I've
learned recently concerning the seven root races and sub-races from
THE SECRET DOCTRINE, that the fifth race is called the European and
look at European history as we know it, I am really concerned about
the European mentality being a global one.  Europe, as you know, has
a long history of war, even to this present century with Germany's
agression.  I wish we could move more quickly to the American race,
and that perhaps here we could find release from this constant
activity of conquering and all of its accompanying limitations on
humanity's freedom.  If an Emperor conquered, he could order the new
subject's religion.  Although people found this difficult to accept,
what choice did they have?

When I think about the computer game people are planning, I think
how hundreds and hundreds of years were spent preparing for battle,
entering battle, and healing from battle.  If the game were to
emulate real history, I would be nothing but repelled and distressed
at playing it.  Perhaps it could only engage on the future of
humanity as a bright one.