Dynamite Quote

Mar 01, 1994 01:16 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

Just as the corrected page proofs are going back to the
typesetter, I found a dynamite quote from the Mahatma letters
to use as (what I just found out is called) an epigraph-- one
of those pithy passages alone on a page at the beginning of a
book that gives a keynote:

There is more to this movement than you have yet had an inkling
of, and the work of the T.S. is linked with similar work that
is secretly going on in all parts of the world...know you
anything of the WHOLE brotherhood and its ramifications?  The
Old Woman is accused of UNTRUTHFULNESS, INACCURACY in her
statements.  "Ask no questions and you will receive no lies."
SHE IS FORBIDDEN to say what she knows.  You may cut her to
pieces and she will not tell.  Nay-- she is ordered IN CASES OF
NEED TO MISLEAD PEOPLE...
                          Mahatma Morya, pp. 271-2
(I've rendered italics as caps)