creative writing in our group

Oct 25, 1993 10:49 AM
by eldon

Our group is growing in volume of email and number of participants.
We are at the "critical mass" necessary to become self-sustaining.
What we have going is an application of modern science, western
technology, to the promotion of Theosophy, and it has the promice
of success.

There are, currently, a small number of us that account for most of
what is written. Someone might become concerned that the content of
the group might be limited or controlled, that everyone might not
feel free to write and contribute. I don't see this as a problem,
as it *will* go away.

No matter how much any of us write, our contributions will become
smaller and smaller a percentage of the total. I'm doing what I can
to help bring this about, by giving word-of-mouth promotion of the
group, by encouraging people to join us and participate.

If anyone feels that there is a topic missing from the group, anyone
that wants us to discuss something in particular, the best approach
is not to say "let's talk about xxx," but rather to start writing
about it, posing some questions, but also making a clear, direct
statement about the subject of interest.

I'd feel that any fresh theosophical writing, anything newly written,
is welcome and encournaged. And to a limited extend the quoting of
theosophical passages. For longer submissions, say 200 or 300 lines
or longer, or for reprints of articles that we've written in the past,
the best approach might be to email them to JEM for inclusion in the
library, and posting to "theos-l" the title, length, and a synopsis
of the article, to let everyone know that it is available.

The important thing to consider, and to promote, with this group, is
the *creative*, the free flow of thought and writing, and the less
restrictions that we impose on the process, the better.

                                 Eldon Tucker
                                 eldon@netcom.com