Re: officers

Dec 22, 1999 04:28 PM
by ambain

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Wednesday, December 22, 1999 12:48 PM
> From: Bart Lidofsky <bartl@sprynet.com>

> An organization also needs workers who try to help it grow. If you
are
> a worker but not an officer, you are a dedicated member. If you are
an
> officer without being a worker, you are a good officer. If you try
to be
> both, people suddenly become suspicious, and think you are trying to
> take over. Once they think that, they will do everything, honorable
or
> not, in their power to stop you.
>
> What I realized is that the only difference between what happened to
> Alan and what happened to John Algeo is that John had a strong,
> organized body of support and was willing to use it.

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!  What happened to me was that the local
leadership did everything dishonorable
in their power to stop me.  In this case it was dishonorable,
slanderous, and as I have some of it on tape, libellous.

They had a strong, organized core committee to fight me.  When I quit
20% of the members (about half of the *active* ones) either quit or
let their membership lapse.

You read all the postings on this Bart, and I hope you will
apologize - there is a HELL of a difference if you are the victim.

By whatever name, the Adyar TS sucks.  I add "IMO" for the sake of
balance.

Alan
http://www.soft.net.uk/ambain/