Thanks Eldon, Randy, and Kym

Nov 25, 1999 06:37 PM
by Virginia Grenier

Thanks Eldon for the web links for the G. de Purucker material. I've always wanted
to learn more along this line and his writing (and yours for that matter) have always been
very good.

on a different note... Kym writes:
"Libertarians tend to have a rather myopic view of humanity."

Kym, being a libertarian myself, I think many of the differences between
us conservative/libertarians and liberals are in deciding what the
proper role of government is. Is it really government's
job to take money from those who earn it and to give
it to those that don't? Worse, is it government's job to take
money from people who earn it who would rather pay, as in my case,
for my children's eduation or my wife's medical bills (she has MS)
than to have it spent for a new sports stadium? (even if it would be for
the Minnesota Vikings :-)

The question is, who can best decide how to spend the money
that one earns? I don't think people should starve in the streets
but as a government subcontractor, I've seen
literally billions wasted by our federal government. (and I mean WASTED).

Its really a shame.

Michael Grenier
vlg@minn.net