RE: RE: reincarnation

Nov 23, 1999 10:02 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 23

Dear Katinka:

May I make it quite clear that what I wrote relates to several
"after death" stages which each EGO passes through (Theosophy
teaches) in that sequence.

Being "flayed alive" does not relate to DEVACHAN.  This is
important.

It relates to the ASTRAL CORPSE of the departed Individuality,
which normally disintegrates and returns its components to the
elements around it, being reanimated by mediums at a seance.  And
this is descriptive of the pain it can be made to suffer there.

The INDIVIDUAL SPIRIT  -- ATMA-BUDDHI-HIGHER-MANAS -- has left
that astral corpse (which consists of astral body, Kama (desire),
and residual pranic vitality) and this Eternal MONAD enveloped in
the highest aspirations and the noble memories (impacted in the
HIGHER MANAS) of the last life it has, have retired into DEVACHAN
to a assimilate those into its Permanent EGOITY and Character.
It is a period of intense MEDITATION and it is not possible to
disturb it during that time it needs it the DEVACHANIC condition
and stage.

It is this immortal and eternal EGO which returns, coming out of
DEVACHAN  in the next incarnation, and on the way, coming back
through the astral sphere, it picks up the needed skandhas of the
past from the elements where they have been resting and waiting,
to form the vestures (prana, Kama,  Astral body) so that it can
inhabit the body provided by the parents of the Physical baby
that will house it for the rest of its next life.  Theosophy says
this is what happens to all of us, life after life.

After physical death, the psychic (kama-desire & passion) and the
astral self coalesce and disintegrate very quickly on the astral
plane if left alone and not importunated by those who seek them
from "this side" in a seance, etc...

You will find that HPB has explained the whole process fully in
the KEY TO THEOSOPHY (1889)

Dal

Dallas