chess

Nov 23, 1999 01:05 AM
by Edward William Hirsch

Hi,

	I wonder if anyone knows anything about (or has any reflections about)
chess in its deeper philosophical, metaphysical, esoteric nature. Any
references to books, articles--of a Theosophical nature or otherwise?

	My sense is that the Masters have an influence on any strong theme in
civilization, and I feel that chess surely has to be one of the vehicles
for such teaching. However, the chess world today seems far removed from
the Wisdom Teachings.

	This topic seems to be so esoteric in the sense that it seems difficult to
come upon much about it. I'm sure there must be some material out there.

	Perhaps I could at least spark some reflection on the subject.

							Thanks so much, Ed Hirsch