Re: Randy to Grigor: more

Nov 21, 1999 03:00 PM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 11/21/99 3:57:05 PM Central Standard Time, WLR7D@aol.com
writes:

> The analogy of dog breeds does not work to show that all humans are
>  identical.  Dog breeds can indeed do whoopee with one another, but there
are

>  distinct differences among the breeds.  These differences are a direct
> result
>  of the expression of genetics.

Wrong again.  Breeds are a relflection of genetics and environment (mainly
isolation - with dogs, purposeful isolation with respect to reporduction).
The whole phrase "direct result of the expression of genetics" is so
ambiguous and equivocal
that I could write a dissertation on it.  Leaving aside the word "genetics"
(btw, didn't you mean "genes" since genetics is the study of genes), just the
part of the phrase
that goes "direct result of the expression" reads, in context, like that
first year graduate student disease called "the assertively stated position
qualified by a disavowed retraction."  Instead of saying "direct result of
genes," you thus, as per our hermeneutical hypothesis, fudge by adding
"expression."  Grigor