Re: Randy to JRC: I give

Nov 17, 1999 12:31 PM
by JRC

> You keep body slamming the wrong opponent.  I'm not even in the same
ring.

Well, you've hardly simply been a passive recipient (-:).

> I've read a few of the books which you're sure I haven't, but I'll do
some
> more so that when I return this won't be a strawman you feel you can
so
> easily defeat.

Not trying to defeat you. Don't even think in those terms. This is the
cyber equivilent of an ancient Greek agora ... a marketplace of
thoughts - a place where intense disputes about the nature of reality
and the question of what knowledge *itself* is can be actively pursued.
There aren't winners and losers. In fact, people rarely change their
positions as the result of the deabtes ... but many *do* find that their
ability to clarify their beliefs, and their own understanding of them,
is greatly improved from the effort of the back and forth with
articulate people arguing very different perspectives.

I was actually trying, in my own limited fashion, to encourage you to
study. If you are seeking what you say you are seeking - you won't find
answers in Theosophy - but you probably *will* find many intriguing
lines of thought well worth the time and trouble to follow (or at least
a lot of quite intelligent and creative people throughout the last
century have found much value in taking the trouble to do the work) ...
which is really all the founders claimed to offer anyway. But it really
*isn't* easy to approach. You might find at least skimming the Mahatma
Letters interesting.

Cheers! -JRC