Randy to Katinka:proofs

Nov 15, 1999 04:31 PM
by WLR7D

The proofs that would create comfort for me are more broad than precise
mathematical formulas or perfect syllogisms.  Experience qualifies.  So does
intuition.  But I may reject anything if it does not jibe with reality,
knowledge and reasonings that get me through day to day life.  Why be so
quick to reject, repudiate or belittle classical proof or reasoning?  I'll
wager sound reasoning, good science,  experimentation and the like have done
more for the human condition in a tangible way than  speculative spiritual
fluff.  Thanks, Randy
PS  Enjoyed your comment on how the purpose of the list is to disagree so
discussion continues.  I'm still looking for some warm and fuzzy friends to
agree with me.  That's fun too.