reincarnatie

Nov 15, 1999 02:39 AM
by hesse600

"W. Dallas TenBroeck" wrote:

> REINCARNATION
>
> 1. 	Has logic and persuasion in it, if one considers that the
> Soul (Mind) of a Human being is immortal and eternal.  If that is
> denied, then it is useless to proceed.  It is agreed that the
> "embodied mind" of the present personality is destroyed with the
> body at death.
I agree, but...
> 2. 	However there are many accounts of Seances and other
> experiences that would seem to imply a survival of the personal
> soul/mind at least for a while after physical death.  If those
> are discarded then the question of reincarnation might be still
> "sub judice."
Well, even if those are not discarded, they can be
explained quite nicely by assuming those gosts (to use a
western word, shells is also a good one for me) will also
die, but simply have not done so yet. So this is not making
reincarnation a neccessity yet.
> 3.	NDEs (Accounts of NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES) and reports of
> children and adults who remember "past lives" abound.  Are these
> to be discarded or is the matter to be held "sub judice?"
Alan can answer this one better than I, because I do tend
to explain this by reincarnation. But one might postulate a
universal memory and those souls have tuned in for some
reason to that aspect: remembering that past live.
Katinka
NHL Leeuwarden
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl