Re: Randy to anyone: physical evolution

Nov 14, 1999 07:12 AM
by WLR7D

JRC--Thank you.  This concept of "spontaneous" emergent organization will
eventually create a whole new science.  At present research in this area is
hindered by the old-guard neo-Darwinists who think all can be explained by
mutation and selection.
I still can't imagine any modeling explaining the anti-entropic phenomena of
life.  Just looking at the information encoded in DNA(one cell is equal to
100 million pp of Encyclopedia Brit.) defies imagination.  Since information
only comes from preexisting information at least as complex as the
information generated, where did such prodigious genetic information come
from?  Kind of the old monkeys on a typewriter thing.
I will try to get Kauffman's book.  On presently working on others related to
morphic resonance.
I'm not sure I agree on the use of  esoteric language  by theosophists.  It
is one thing to know the language of basic sciences such as math and biology,
certainly a prerequistie to understanding, but quite another to need to know
new vocabulary for agregate disciplines such as religion,  Too easy to get
caught up in unchallenged assumptions.  It is by the use of specialized
language. elitism, clergydom, that religion has been able to do the damge to
the human mind it has.  Yes, I'm looking for simple solid underpinnings.  If
there is real substance to theosophy, these should be available for easy
access by dummies like me.
A presumption I am making in this is that such information is somehow
important to humans.  If it is, it should be evident or easily explained
using common forms of communication.  Randy