Randy to Alan:logic

Nov 11, 1999 05:45 AM
by WLR7D

Why is it that logic is used to prove that emotion, sentimentality,
intuition, etc. are superior to logic?

The examples you sight where logic would fail us are examples of just
incomplete logic.  For example, "slavery" is not necessarily bad and war is
not necessarily a logical solution if the premises are wrong.

As I see it, reason and logic(and direct experience, which is logic in
itself) are the only tools we have to achieve whatever surety we can get.

Furthermore, I feel this in my heart, and really really really have faith in
it, and it makes me feel secure warm and fuzzy, and I get really mad when
others don't agree and sob in glee when they do.

There that's the best of all worlds, logic supported by emotion.

Randy