Re: dogmatism ?

Nov 08, 1999 05:32 PM
by ambain

----- Original Message -----
> From: W. Dallas TenBroeck <dalval@nwc.net>
> Date: Monday, November 08, 1999 6:52 PM
> Subject: RE: dogmatism ?

> But when a friend sees another straying, then ought we not to
> speak and perhaps indicate a simpler and less harmful way, if
> such has been our experience ?

>From The Teaching as I receive it:

Do not give directions to anyone who has not asked for them.

Do let it be known that you are available to be asked.

Do not forget that you could easily give wrong or misleading directions.

.... which reminds me of asking directions to places in the valleys of
South Wales.  The landmarks one is told to look out for depend very much
on the giver of directions.  Some tell you which pubs to look out for,
some which churches, some which chapels, and others which social clubs.
On one visit I was directed via the location of different public toilets

I am sure it is out of print, but if one could consult THE KEY TO SOUTH
WALES PUBS .....

(Naughty Alan)

http://www.soft.net.uk/ambain/