RE: Randy to Dallas/carnivorism

Nov 04, 1999 10:34 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 4th

Dear Katinka:

If anyone desires to confute Theosophy it is wise to offer more
than opinions or sentiments.

As I see it, Theosophy is anything but sentimental.

Like Nature which we all live in it speaks of "principles" which
anyone can verify, after testing.

In that Science resembles it, But Theosophy covers a far wider
horizon than any one of the mane departments of analytical
science does.

I do not try to be dogmatic, but only to present for
consideration that which THEOSOPHY offers us to look into -- a
"point of view."

How anyone may receive such contributions is their affair, as is
their opinion.  After all, this is a Theosophical discussion
group?  HPB (as well as anyone else) might as well be given her
chance to speak as well as anyone else can -- if someone cars to
quote them exactly to demonstrate a point of importance.

Let us then consider :  -- what are the points, if any, of
philosophical difference?

There is difference to be sensed between "belief" and "faith."
Perhaps "belief" is very rigid and dogmatic."  Whereas "faith" is
constantly renewed and adjusted through questioning.  One is
static and the other is dynamic.  The first indicates a closed
mind, the second indicates an open mind seeking for the Truth of
things.

Best wishes,

Dallas

dalval@nwc.net=A0