Re Karma vs Paranirvana

Oct 26, 1999 06:47 AM
by Gerald Schueler

>>Where do I find this unwritten law?  Or via the above, have you just
written it? >>

I can't take credit for it, no. I have taken courses etc on modeling
and all of the text books point out that ALL models require
basic assumptions and that any model's output is only as
good as its input and no matter how good any model is, one
can always argue that they simply don't like the initial
assumptions. Theosophy, Qalabala, etc are no different.

>> The kabbalist model is interesting in that it begins with
the assumption of Nothing, and proceeds ex nihilo via emanation (not
creation) towards manifestation.>>

As in virtually all models (certainly all that I am aware of) there
is some kind of assumption about initial conditions. Science
models our universe by going back to some kind of initial Big
Bang. Theosophy assumes Beness or divinity. Christianity
assumes God, and so on. Qabala assumes Ain Soph, and
also the initial assumption of some kind of divine creative force
(which I place as an inherent characteristics osf the Monad
but most models prefer some kind of divine supreme Creator).

>>In practice, the top end of the model has little real value in this
life, as our physical equipment seems to be incapable of verifying it.>>

No one can "verify" the assumptions built into a model. Thats
why they're called assumptions. You have to take something
as a given and then work logically from that point. As far as I
know, ALL universe models work this way.

>>Further down the scale we *can* verify quite a lot from personal
experience (eventually) but there is a cut-off point beyond which our
tiny minds cannot go.  For this reason, I like to use that part of the
kabbalist model which can be demonstrated to work as advertised (once I
can get behind the jargon to the facts).>>

Exactly.  This is why I like my version of the Theosophy model.
I also like the Enochian Model, but I have never felt comfortable
with the Qabalistic Model so I don't use it. I tend to be eclectic.

Jerry S.