RE: theos-l digest: October 11, 1999 ANIMAL SOUL --

Oct 13, 1999 03:28 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Oct 13

Dallas asks:	RE  REINCARNATION INTO ANIMALS OF HUMAN SOUL

Dear Katinka:

Where have you ever found that HPB said that the human soul would
reincarnate in an animal?

As far as I know the "skandhas" (the "life-atoms" or  little lives)
that we impress with animal-like feelings and thoughts may be
attracted for a while to animals -- where they experience an
embodiment of the Kamic quality present in such animals - but for the
actual HUMAN SOUL  "Manas" to incarnate in an animal form -- never.

The Theosophical teaching is"  Once a Man, always a Man."

HPB wrote an extensive article on the subject of the "animal soul"
under the article title
HAVE ANIMALS SOULS?  "Theosophist Jan, Feb, March 1886.

Again in LUCIFER for May 1888 HPB wrote WHY DO ANIMALS SUFFER?  There
she deals with vivisection and human cruelty to animals.

But in neither of those 2 important articles does she say that the
HUMAN SOUL  (Manas) incarnates in animals.  But I may be wrong and you
have another reference that contradicts that ?

Dallas
dalval@nwc.net=A0