Re: In support of theosophy

Oct 04, 1999 12:51 PM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 10/4/99 2:05:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
ringding@blinx.de writes:

> >For the last 99 years, we have not had a single letter from the Adepts to
> anyone (as far as I know).
>
>  And? Is that necessary? And for what? For blind believers?

Maybe they are dead.  I suspect the truth about them is somewhere in between
Johnson's book (especially in light of the Russian documents on them, HPB,
and Gurdjieff, coming out of KGB vaults from Imperial times - along with a
lot of stuff on
the Masonic Grand Orient Lodge, Strict Observance, etc. etc.) and some of the
outlandish Alice Baileyish stereotype of them common in theosophy.  In fact,
it
was the Johnson book that convinced me of their actual existence instead of
being some symbolic truth or mythic source of letters that HPB preferred over
revealing their real (letters) source.  But Johnson uses a historical
methodolgy that presupposes telepathy doesn't happen, etc.  He is too
reductionistic.

Grigor