Sai Baba - Does he claim to be God?

Aug 03, 1999 06:51 AM
by M K Ramadoss

In the past, I recall some statements being made that one of the reasons
for some "theosophists" objecting to Sai Baba and his teachings is that he
claims to be God. During the weekend, I listened to a tape of a lecture by
Sai Baba and I could not find any mention what so ever of his being God.
Does anyone have any specific reference to back up the claim that he claims
to be God?

I am wondering if all this is just misunderstanding. While Buddha himself
claimed he was a human being like all of us, there are followers who tread
Buddha as a God. It is quite possible that it is the followers's
misunderstanding and overstatement of treating Sai Baba as a God.

mkr