Internet in Hospital

May 06, 1999 10:19 AM
by Ramadoss

Yesterday when I visited the Intensive Care unit of the local hospital,
I was surprised to find the Nurse Station being provided with Internet
so that they can use them when they have nothing else to do. This just
shows how far Internet has penetrated into the day to day activities.
What next? I expect every hospital bed to be provided with Internet
access just like telephones are provided now.

Internet is here to stay and we have not yet seen it full impact yet. On
its Juggernaut like move, many traditional approaches are likely to be
modified or crushed out of existence. Keep tuned for more exciting
Internet applications.

mkr