Re: theos-l digest/cloning/AI

Feb 19, 1999 05:14 AM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 2/19/99 6:03:26 AM Central Standard Time,
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl writes:

<< What I know of AI, is mostly that it is surrounded by a lot
 of publicity and hype, but that it is not very successfull.
 The recreating of even the simple skill of a bug, to walk
 around, takes so much energy, that I am not personally
 worried that a conscious being, capable of making choices
 for itself, is in the pipeline any time soon.

I agree with this too.  I see not much technical realizability in project.
But it social/cultural/political message in the publicity is big concern.

G.V.A.