Re: cloning

Jan 29, 1999 01:11 AM
by hesse600

Dear Kym
> Uh, pardon me, but TWINS are clones of each other!  The medical community
> has acknowledged that the process of cloning in the lab is the same (minus
> the uterus) as what occurs in the body of the mother of identical twins.
>
> And, it would seem that BOTH twins have souls. . .so why in the world
> wouldn't a clone have one?  Can a soul only enter a body if and only if the
> body comes out of a vagina?

agreed.
> Cloning has been successful in humans - and I think the soul can enter a
> body whether it came from a tube or a womb
This is a misconception. No child was yet born whithout
coming from a mother's womb. The laboratories can recreate
the coming together of a sperma-cell and the egg. They
cannot recreate all the complex functions of the womb.

Katinka

(I also sent a longer e-mail on the subject, but
this misconception asked also for a smaller reply in my
oppinion-education in the States really needs improvement)

NHL Leeuwarden
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl