Re: Clinton Impeachment

Jan 23, 1999 04:11 PM
by M K Ramadoss

kymsmith@micron.net wrote:

> Doss wrote:
>
> >When you are doing the right think, helping common man, woman and child, I
> >think there is godsend public support.
>
> Despite Clinton's personal imperfections (part of being human, I suppose),
> there appears, at the core of Clinton's heart, a real desire to help those
> who have been ignored for so long in America's history.  I believe that the
> "masses" (a bad word, even in Theosophical literature) recognize Clinton's
> purpose.

Thanks, at least one person sees the point I was trying to make.

It does not matter what any literature says; after all it is one person's
opinion and yours and mine are as good as any other.

> However, it is also expected that when one is "doing the right thing" there
> comes added trouble - not ALL people appreciate Clinton's attempts at
> helping the poor, minorities, women, gays and lesbians, etc., through
> changes in federal laws.  Many powerful people do not wish to share or lose
> the power they have enjoyed for quite a few years - it is natural that they
> will fight to hold on to it.  Hence, the acceptance and applause of a
> prosecutorial investigation that, if it had happened to them, they would
> have never tolerated. . ..

It is normal that most cannot deal with change. They want status quo
maintained.
We have seen people killed in the name of god, religion, country, ideas, etc.
what we are seeing is politics pure and simple. The Republicans are taking
refuge under rule of law and constitution and want to get rid of him. If they
do, we will have to see what happens at the next election.

> While watching the current Senate hearings, I find myself especially
> distressed at how petty and malicious the prosecutors have been.  They have
> misquoted, misrepresented, and often, blatantly lied, about what is really
> in the depositions and evidence.

After all, all of them are lawyers; what else do you expect. No wonder that the
citizens have such a low opinion of politicians and lawyers.

> I wish more people were watching the
> hearings - what the media and some politicians have many people (even those
> who support him) believing about what Clinton did is simply not true.
>
> But, I believe, that although we can drive out, crush, or kill a
> individual, we cannot do the same to a person's good works and thoughts.
> This belief, at times, seems the only thing that sustains me.
>
> Kym

What goes comes around. You are right.

Coming to the question of "masses", while all that is contained in SD and other
classics are dazzling details, from day one, it was made clear that the purpose
of TS was to arouse the interest of everyone in the welfare of the suffering
humanity, not to teach the "occult" teachings and tell everyone the
anthropogenesis and cosmogenesis.

All one needs is to read the history. When Lord Buddha saw the sorrow, pain and
suffering of humanity, was so moved that He wanted to find the cause and means
to eliminate. While He as an very high Initiate had first hand knowledge of the
occult secrets, when a lay man asked Him about the origin of the Universe, he
gave the following story: He said when you are facing with a man who is injured
and bleeding from an arrow which has pierced him, you are seized with the issue
of how to relieve the problem and save him from dying and not to delve into
theories about where the arrow came from, what kind of arrow it is, how it was
shot, who shot it etc.

So keeping the focus on the well being of the "masses" is essential for the
good of everyone, including ourselves.

mkr