FW: Theos-World Shangri-la found == National Geographic Report in CHICAGO TRIBUNE Jan 8th 1999

Jan 09, 1999 12:24 PM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Jan 9th 1999

Dear Friends:

				Is a "Shangri-La now discovered ?

We owe this report to our friend Martin Leiderman.  It comes
originally from NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC and is reported in the Jan
8th issue of CHICAGO TRIBUNE.

While this report needs verification and details, I thought you
might be interested in knowing of it.  Apparently we can access
the information directly from www.chicagotribune.com.  Also
perhaps direct from NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC.
 www.nationalgeographic.com

The Tsangpo is the river that becomes the Brahmaputra and flows
East through the Himalayas and then bending South cuts through
Assam in Eastern India and Bangaladesh;  and then joins the
Ganges to empty through a common delta into the Bay of Bengal.

It reminded me of a portion of A HINDU CHELA'S DIARY written by
Damodar K. Mavlankar to Judge, and which was then printed by him
in the 1st Vol. of the PATH in 1886.

THEOSOPHY MAGAZINE reprinted in its 3RD Vol. p. 357-8 are
relevant.  It was also published in THE THEOSOPHICAL MOVEMENT,
Bombay,  Vol. 10, p. 100.  It is well worth re-reading.

If more is heard of this, please let me know.

Best wishes

Dallas