Re: Paranoid Theosophists?

Jan 05, 1999 08:10 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Jerry Schueler <gschueler@netgsi.com> writes
>Of course we can always fall back on the rationalization that Theosophy
>is not psychology and keep on avoiding issues that we consider too
>unpleasant or too disgusting to talk about. But I have to wonder if
>Theosophy and psychology are really all that far apart (certainly
>Theosophy goes much farther, but a healthy ego, like a healthy body, is
>something that even a Theosophist can use).

I am not sure that Theosophy goes that much farther than Jungian
psychology, especially when so much of the "farther" part is completely
incapable of verification, unlike Jungian psychology, which is (not for the
faint-hearted though!).

>Now I am removing my Psychology Hat and replacing my Theosophy Hat. We
>are all divine sparks and exactly identical consciousness-centers, and I
>love all of you.

I wonder about the "exactly identical" bit - in kind, perhaps, but in
essential being, perhaps not.

I love all of you, too.

Alan :0)
---------