Re: Olcott's lady friend

Nov 03, 1998 07:23 AM
by M K Ramadoss

Dear Paul:

Thanks for the lead.

I have a copy, courtesy of a friend I got acquainted with on Internet.
(BTW, I have had contact with more "theosophists" over internet in 3 years
than I contacted in 30 years -- it says something about Internet). I will
look into it. Personally it does not bother me at all and I consider it
something between the people concerned.

Even when Olcott was selected for the job of TS, acccording to ML to APS,
the Founders were not looking for non-meat eating, non smoking etc. person
who fits into traditional stereotype of a "spiritual"/"religious" person.
It is was stated that if they were looking for such a stereo type, there
werer 10s of thousands with erroneous beliefs.

Olcott himself, in a letter of H. X. tells how he was a man of the bars and
women at the time he took up the task of heading TS. If anyone is
interested, I can post the H. X. letter. I think anyone interested in
theosophy and TS should read it to get a much broader picture, no matter
what one's personal opinion or belief is.

mkr

At 09:33 AM 11/3/1998 -0500, you wrote:
Dear Doss,

According to the ULT sponsored history The Theosophical Movement
1875-1925, the woman in question was Henrietta Muller.  I have
cited her in Initiates of Theosophical Masters, reporting on a
meeting at which she and Olcott met lama Ugyen Gyatso, Sarat
Chandra Das, and some high Tibetan officians, in Darjeeling.

Cheers,
Paul