New Values

Nov 06, 1998 07:38 AM
by M K Ramadoss

Here is an excerpt from today's news. Theosophy may have an opportunity to
contribute to improve human suffering around the world , much of which is
avoidable and created by us.

mkr

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia (CNN) -- Seven Nobel Peace Prize
laureates began their two-day conference Thursday by calling on world
leaders to move beyond the "greed, cynicism and hypocrisy" that have fueled
violence and wars in the 20th century.

Over the past decade, more than 4 million people have died worldwide in
strife that has left one in 200 people refugees from their native
countries, organizers of the conference at the University of Virginia said.

"I don't think we can reach peace in the 21st century with the ethics of
the 20th century," said Oscar Arias-Sanchez, former president of Costa
Rica, who received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1987 for orchestrating a peace
plan in Central America.