RE: Theos-World English usage

Nov 15, 1998 02:14 PM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Nov 15th 1998

Dear Friend:

Why would ULT or anyone else view you as a "heretic"  (ancient
meaning - an inquirer) because you read or study this or that ?

ULT gives everyone the freedom to study as they please, but the
work done at the ULT is to study and compare such findings with
Theosophy and that is all.

Such strange ideas prevail !

Dallas

>Date: Sunday, November 15, 1998 11:18
>From: Augoeides@aol.com
>Subject: Re: Theos-World English usage

In a message dated 11/15/98 5:14:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Richtay@aol.com
writes:

<< To neglect these documents,
 though HPB points to them time and time again, is to "interpret"
what
 Theosophy is and is not. >>

I've found a great deal of inspiration and knowledge from *The
Enneads" by Plotinus, *The Life Divine* by Sri Aurobindo Ghose,
*The Gospel of Ramakrishna* translated by Swami Nikhilananda,
the commentaries on the Bhagavad Gita by Paramhansa Yogananda,
*Morals and Dogma* by Albert Pike, the various writings of Sai
Baba to mention a few.  None of these are mentioned as part of
the
"approved literature" of the ULT which I suppose makes me a
heretic !

Augoeides

-- THEOSOPHY WORLD -- Theosophical Talk --
theos-talk@theosophy.com

Letters to the Editor, and discussion of theosophical ideas and
teachings. To subscribe or unsubscribe, send a message consisting
of
"subscribe" or "unsubscribe" to theos-talk-request@theosophy.com.